Eastern RP board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern RP board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Launching of the UEE Temerarious

Go down 
+2
Vi'Roth-IX
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

First Launching of the UEE Temerarious Empty
PostSubject: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:14 pm

The door swish open softly showing a large room housing the engineering section. This 2 tier room leads back towards an engine core that glows softly blue. Different engineer hustle about farrying different parts back and forth between consoles. She'll need a little more fine tuning but you can tell that she is ready for anything.
Back to top Go down
https://enmurp.rpg-board.net
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 5:24 am

Vi'Roth-IX entered the room and began scanning his surroundings and the myriad faces of his underlings. Everything seemed to be in order. All the biologicals on his roster seemed to be accounted for. To work then. He went to the center diagnostics console, his personal work station, and made a quick assessment. 'Keyboards, buttons, switches, such an outdated input method.' His hand opened up revealing tools of all kinds, and he quickly set to work dismantling his work station to make it more 'user friendly'. In a matter of minutes he had reduced the face of this work station to three display screens and four ports for maximum data transfer. He then plugged himself in and prepared to run a total diagnostic on the ship.

'Time to message the bridge.' Vi'Roth-IX connected directly to the comm systems to broadcast his findings.

"I have completed my preliminary diagnostic of the ship. Everything is running at 93.00323% efficiency, 5.02319% higher than projected. The power grid experienced oscillation on a range of .00002 as systems came online. All systems are fully operational. The UEE Temerarious is ready for launch."
Back to top Go down
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:42 pm

He had made his initial announcement to early... He had been unaware that the captain was not yet in the bridge. 'How to remedy this?' Vi'Roth-IX queried the ship's database for possible solutions and came across the Sick Bay's vital tracking capabilities. 'This will do nicely.' He redirected himself to the Sick Bays main console screen, making an image of his face appear to deliver a message.

{Continued in Sick Bay}

Last edited by Vi'Roth-IX on Sun May 31, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:02 pm

Now connected to the Sick Bay's vitals tracking systems, Vi'Roth-IX could track the location of every biological on the ship. The captain was on the bridge now as were most the commanders. The rest of the crew was hustling about finalizing preparations, except for the engineers who all seemed to have amassed in a central location. 'Odd...' He brought up a map overlay to see where they were.

They were all gathered directly behind him. He turned his optical receptors back on and rotated his head 180 degrees only to find himself staring into the eyes of all of his underlings.

"Can I help you with something?"

They all nearly jumped out of their skin. Vi'Roth-IX hadn't considered the possibility that he could be frightening before. He hadn't even introduced himself. According to his database biologicals appreciate an introduction upon meeting a new commander.

"I'm sorry, I am your new commander, Chief Engineer, Designation: Vi'Roth-IX. If you have any questions feel free to query your terminals as I have created a direct link between them and myself. For now I would recommend you take your seats and prepare for launch."

He spun his head back around towards his terminal and resumed work. He needed to resend his report to the bridge so the captain might hear it this time.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:48 pm

The ships engines churn slowly to life as the command to depart is given. Everything is going smoothly until a panel besides the core overloads sending a shower of hot sparks raining over the area. The lights die down and only the red emergency lights remain accompanied by the blue glow from the core.
Back to top Go down
Merlin

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:54 pm

The comm channel crackles to life and the feline bridge officer can be heard.

Engineering this is the bridge please respond.
Back to top Go down
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Everything went dark momentarily. Vi'Roth-IX's head spun around.

"You three, repair that panel immediately. You, activate the engineering bay back-up generator. You and you, check the grid for anomalies and try to locate the cause of the power surge. You four make sure the engines are undamaged. Everyone else, make yourselves useful. You have ten minutes to be back in your seats."

Meanwhile, making use of his direct link Vi'Roth-IX repowered his own station and brought up the AI coding, looking for possible errors. Never trust an inferior AI. Feedback loops, logic errors, missing syntax, this thing was riddled with problems. The designers must have counted on having a full physical crew. Why did they bother then? He really didn't understand how humans think. He deleted the entire thing.

Back to square one. While the rest of the engineering crew hustled about, Vi'Roth-IX wrote a simple AI program to take care of all the basic functions. Anything more difficult could query his processors. He then connected himself to the bridge comm link once again.

{Continued on the Bridge}
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:05 pm

Minoko to Vi'roth. Do you have any idea what just happened?
Back to top Go down
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:57 pm

All the hustle and bustle was paying off. Systems were starting to come back online. Vi'Roth-IX could see the power grid now... Malfunctions in Sick Bay and Science, and the emergency generators where not operable in the Science Bay. 'I doubt they can see in the dark...' He picked out one of the engineers working on resetting the power grid.

"You, immediately reroute power to Science Bay. They're sitting in the dark. I want two able bodies down there to find out why they don't have an emergency power and lighting system. If it comes to it we'll install one. Other than that just keep working on getting systems online."

Vi'Roth-IX next tapped into the Sick Bay comm system.

{Continued in Sick Bay}
Back to top Go down
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:23 am

As the details of the damage were coming to Vi'Roth-IX the true scope of the damage became apparent. They weren't going to be able to fix all of this with out materials, and the dock they were at didn't seem fully adequate. Vi'Roth-IX ran a few calculations. They should be able to make enough repairs to get to Mars without any difficulty, from there it would be easy to get all the materials they needed and he could make complete repairs. He connected to the Bridge.

Back to top Go down
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Vi'Roth-IX worked diligently to reroute power to necessary systems. All non-primary modules will have to survive on emergency lighting... If only there weren't so many biologicals he wouldn't need to waste all this energy on life support... That gave him an idea.

Back to top Go down
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:32 am

There was a quite hum that slowly increased in volume and dropped in pitch. The engines were kicking in.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:23 pm

*The comm crackled to life with a message from the bridge*

Engineering this is tactical, I am just confirming that the computer is not lying to me and that we will make the sped and course it is telling me.

*Jonathan uploaded the course to the head engineers console hoping it was operating. It went through so no reason it should not have worked.*
Back to top Go down
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:06 am

Vi'Roth-IX examined the data as it streamed into his console. It all worked out. He set to diverting a bit of power here and there to get all necessary systems up to speed. The work was complete in moments.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:42 am

After the diligent work of the engineering teams pulls slowly to a halt, almost everything seems to be back in order, or even a little better. Because of the logic behind Vi's commands that he had given his teams the work that should have taken days with the resources only took under an hour to complete.
Back to top Go down
Merlin

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:43 am

A soft chime echos on the Science Bay speakers

Now hear this, Now hear this: UEE Temerarious approaching Mars Station, repeat we are now approaching Mars station. Captain to the Bridge. All senior officers please report to stations.
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:23 am

The Captain's voice comes on over the comm:

"VR, I want you to
re-check all of the AI that runs the ship. I don't want another
incident like the one we just had when we try to pull out of here."
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 7:12 am

The Captain's voice comes on over the comm again.

"And our head Engineer is Vi'Roth-IX. VR, this is Commander Taran, our new XO. VR
has hard-wired himself into the ship in order to communicate with her
better, so you won't be seeing much of him."
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:44 am

The comm crackles to life.

"VR, I have an emergency!"
Back to top Go down
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:47 am

Tracing the comm link back to it's source, Vi'Roth-IX saw that the captain was currently located in his quarters. Best to go in person if it's an emergency...

"I'll be along shortly Captain."

Vi'Roth-IX disconnected himself from his console and left his second in command to run things for a bit. His spider-like mechanical legs carried him quickly out the door and down the hall to the elevator.
Back to top Go down
Merlin

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 5:23 am

All hands to stations, Captain Chesterfield and Commander Taran to the bridge. I repeat all hands to stations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Launching of the UEE Temerarious
Page 1 of 1